GameSlurp




Go Back   GameSlurp > Gaming Forum (>>) PSV, VITA


Log-in/register to unlock all the member quick-links and features!
Reply
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »


stenk's Avatar
stenk
PS3 Club Mentor
stenk is Male   stenk is offline
 
I own a Nintendo Wii. My Wii Friends code is: 7584-3815-6138-4812I own a Sony PSPI own a PCI own a DSI own a Xbox. My Xbox Live ID is: stenknzI own a Gamecube
Join Date: Feb 2007
Maritsu Evil Academy - Honor Student!
Posts: 3,760

 
02-02-2012, 08:04 PM
#11

Re: Playstation Vita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazriko View Post
Have you played the demo for Uncharted GA yet? They had a Vita at the local gamestop with it. I decided to hold off until it's cheaper because that $50 price tag is a little steep. Maybe it was because they had the console muted at the store, but the demo was a bit on the annoying side with not really explaining certain things to you. I got stuck twice because I didn't know there was some new mechanic that I needed to continue.
No I didn't have a chance to play the demo... Currently here the games are priced about $20-30 cheaper then the PS3 games. They are over priced but I hope most games will be available via the PSN thus cheaper.

Will wait and see. Still looking forward to getting one though! My original PSP FAT still works great!


     
Kazriko's Avatar
Kazriko
Senior Member
Kazriko is Male   Kazriko is offline
 
I own a Playstation 3. My Playstation Network ID is: KazrikoI own a Nintendo WiiI own a Sony PSPI own a DSI own a Sony Playstation 2I own a Xbox. My Xbox Live ID is: KazrikoI own a Gamecube
Join Date: Feb 2007
Western US
Posts: 4,494

 
02-02-2012, 11:29 PM
#12

Re: Playstation Vita

The Uncharted GA one is only $10 lower than the PS3 version over here. It's one of the highest priced Vita games on the market.
The rest are $30-40 for the most part and PS3 games usually range $50-60 with some $40 outliers.

I'll get it eventually though. I'm definitely more interested in playing Gravity Rush and Rayman Origins.


     
Smak's Avatar
Smak
Moderator
Smak is Male   Smak is offline
 
I own a Nintendo WiiI own a Sony PSPI own a PCI own a DSI own a Gamecube
Join Date: Jan 2007
Leicestershire, UK
Posts: 4,996

 
03-02-2012, 08:00 PM
#13

Re: Playstation Vita

Quote:
Originally Posted by stenk View Post
JB HiFi in New Zealand Smak. Don't think you have those stores in the UK.
Haha I'm such a dumb ass, how could I forget


     
shinobi7's Avatar
shinobi7
Senior Member
shinobi7 is Male   shinobi7 is offline
 
I own a Nintendo WiiI own a Sony PSPI own a PCI own a DS
Join Date: Feb 2007
Belfast ,Northern Ireland
Posts: 412

 
05-02-2012, 10:01 PM
#14

Re: Playstation Vita

im geting the wifi only model with uncharted and ninja gaiden,just hope it doesnt go like the psp nd the ps move where there are no decent games, i dont like gaming on my phone or ipad .


     
jotch's Avatar
jotch
Moderator
jotch is Male   jotch is offline
 
I own a Nintendo WiiI own a Sony PSPI own a XboxI own a Gamecube
Join Date: Feb 2007
Bromley
Posts: 6,308

 
06-02-2012, 12:16 PM
#15

Re: Playstation Vita

I'm hoping it doesn't go the way of the psp/move...mine's gathering dust after I played most of the decent games that took my fancy. Still if my commute increases or I find a need to get one, I will.


     
Kazriko's Avatar
Kazriko
Senior Member
Kazriko is Male   Kazriko is offline
 
I own a Playstation 3. My Playstation Network ID is: KazrikoI own a Nintendo WiiI own a Sony PSPI own a DSI own a Sony Playstation 2I own a Xbox. My Xbox Live ID is: KazrikoI own a Gamecube
Join Date: Feb 2007
Western US
Posts: 4,494

 
06-02-2012, 06:14 PM
#16

Re: Playstation Vita

I just don't get when people say there aren't any good games for the PSP. If you're looking for western made games, yeah. But Japanese made games? There's more on the PSP than there are on the Xbox360, and more than the PS3. If you want JRPGs this generation, The PSP is definitely where you go. The DS was pretty good for awhile, but they haven't had a good, big release for almost half a year. The PS3 gets 3-4 solid jrpgs a year, but the PSP was getting 8-12 a year.


     
Mal
Member
Mal is Male   Mal is offline
 
I own a Nintendo WiiI own a Sony PSPI own a DSI own a Gamecube
Join Date: Mar 2007
UK
Posts: 38

 
06-02-2012, 08:43 PM
#17

Re: Playstation Vita

The PSP Vita has arrived too late at the portable gaming scene since now most of us use our smartphones to game on the go.

It’ll will be hard to attract the attention of the masses since the increasing popularity of smartphones. In addition, smartphones offer a cheaper as well as a more convenient solution.


     
Kazriko's Avatar
Kazriko
Senior Member
Kazriko is Male   Kazriko is offline
 
I own a Playstation 3. My Playstation Network ID is: KazrikoI own a Nintendo WiiI own a Sony PSPI own a DSI own a Sony Playstation 2I own a Xbox. My Xbox Live ID is: KazrikoI own a Gamecube
Join Date: Feb 2007
Western US
Posts: 4,494

 
06-02-2012, 10:29 PM
#18

Re: Playstation Vita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
The PSP Vita has arrived too late at the portable gaming scene since now most of us use our smartphones to game on the go.

Itíll will be hard to attract the attention of the masses since the increasing popularity of smartphones. In addition, smartphones offer a cheaper as well as a more convenient solution.
For those who missed it, my opinion of gaming on smart phones is http://www.gameslurp.com/page.php?p=97777#post97777

In all actuality, the debate of portable handhelds vs. smart phones is a total rehash of the console vs. PC debate, and much of the same many-times-rehashed arguments apply, in addition to the ones I posted.


     
Mal
Member
Mal is Male   Mal is offline
 
I own a Nintendo WiiI own a Sony PSPI own a DSI own a Gamecube
Join Date: Mar 2007
UK
Posts: 38

 
07-02-2012, 07:02 PM
#19

Re: Playstation Vita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazriko View Post
For those who missed it, my opinion of gaming on smart phones is http://www.gameslurp.com/page.php?p=97777#post97777

In all actuality, the debate of portable handhelds vs. smart phones is a total rehash of the console vs. PC debate, and much of the same many-times-rehashed arguments apply, in addition to the ones I posted.
I see your point. However, I don't think the dispute between hand held consoles against smartphones is a retrograde argument.

The deficiency of the gaming side in smartphones doesn’t sway the user to purchase a portable gaming console. Though, the disparity rather limits the gaming experience.


     
Kazriko's Avatar
Kazriko
Senior Member
Kazriko is Male   Kazriko is offline
 
I own a Playstation 3. My Playstation Network ID is: KazrikoI own a Nintendo WiiI own a Sony PSPI own a DSI own a Sony Playstation 2I own a Xbox. My Xbox Live ID is: KazrikoI own a Gamecube
Join Date: Feb 2007
Western US
Posts: 4,494

 
07-02-2012, 08:04 PM
#20

Re: Playstation Vita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
I see your point. However, I don't think the dispute between hand held consoles against smartphones is a retrograde argument.

The deficiency of the gaming side in smartphones doesnít sway the user to purchase a portable gaming console. Though, the disparity rather limits the gaming experience.
That's really not the case universally. I certainly have a smart phone and in finding it lacking, have not just 1, but 4 other handheld consoles and will be buying a 5th soon. I have a friend with both a smart phone, an iPod touch, who still has a PSP for the more in depth gaming experiences. I also listen to a number of podcasts where those doing the podcast have phones, game on phones regularly, but still are planning on purchasing a Vita. While there may be some who will be satisfied with the third-rate gaming to be had on such devices, it will never be universal until those devices are producing the same level of experience found on dedicated systems.

I hear more people in the media proposing those arguments than I hear actual smart phone consumers proposing them...


     
© Copyright 2008, Gameslurp   GameSlurp | Contact Us | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top