GameSlurp

Go Back   GameSlurp > Gaming Forum (>>) 360, DS, Mobile, off-topic, PC, PS Vita, PS3, PSP, PSV, wii

Log-in/register to unlock all the member quick-links and features!
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Azz
Admin

I own a Nintendo WiiI own a Sony PSP
South Wales, UK

24-02-2012, 07:19 PM

Re: What type of user-centric gaming site would you like to see?

LOL I have a IPB3 license and one for every major forum app - not sure I'd call any of them 'state of the art', tho XF is closest (although, not sure I'd call 'anything' written in PHP as state of the art, lmao).

All forums apps are lagging in either tech or ideas - in fact it's because I got so frustrated with off-the-shelf forum apps that I decided to learn to program myself - one of the best decisions I ever made - no longer restricted by other people or their vision of what a site needs.

Forum packages are not really the root of the problem either - forums (or at least in their current incarnation) are. Community websites have moved on.

Kazriko

I own a Playstation 3. My Playstation Network ID is: KazrikoI own a Nintendo WiiI own a Sony PSPI own a DSI own a Sony Playstation 2I own a Xbox. My Xbox Live ID is: KazrikoI own a Gamecube
Western US

24-02-2012, 09:44 PM

There's still stuff that annoys me about newer social type sites. Like the utter lack of a last read pointer. That's why I use RSS anymore instead of any of the others.

Kazriko

I own a Playstation 3. My Playstation Network ID is: KazrikoI own a Nintendo WiiI own a Sony PSPI own a DSI own a Sony Playstation 2I own a Xbox. My Xbox Live ID is: KazrikoI own a Gamecube
Western US

05-03-2012, 10:30 PM

Feature request:

Push the PSP down, drop the PS2 off the list, push the DS down and drop the gamecube off the list, and add the Vita and 3DS into the grid to the upper right of our posts.

Azz
Admin

South Wales, UK

05-03-2012, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazriko View Post
Feature request:

Push the PSP down, drop the PS2 off the list, push the DS down and drop the gamecube off the list, and add the Vita and 3DS into the grid to the upper right of our posts.
Omg it's so long since I did that (or anything in php) and I remember it being a real pain in the backside because of how multi-select works with this forum software (you have to work out the bit code or something). So er... maybe we won't be seeing it soon *runs

But I'll have a look if I get five mins

Kazriko

Western US

05-03-2012, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Omg it's so long since I did that (or anything in php) and I remember it being a real pain in the backside because of how multi-select works with this forum software (you have to work out the bit code or something). So er... maybe we won't be seeing it soon *runs

But I'll have a look if I get five mins
Bitcodes.

0 = 1
1 = 2
2 = 4
3 = 8
4 = 16
5 = 32
6 = 64... etc.

Azz
Admin

South Wales, UK

06-03-2012, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazriko View Post
Bitcodes.

0 = 1
1 = 2
2 = 4
3 = 8
4 = 16
5 = 32
6 = 64... etc.
Yeah that's it - still a pain tho

jotch

I own a Nintendo WiiI own a Sony PSPI own a XboxI own a Gamecube
Bromley

06-03-2012, 11:29 AM

Azz, you naughty little admin...sort it out!!

© Copyright 2008, Gameslurp   GameSlurp | Contact Us | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top